Portfolio Changes

By just_passing_through follow just_passing_through   2020 Nov 7, 9:00pm 395 views   23 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

So, I'm still hoping Trump pulls through if not, and it's looking less likely as time passes, does anyone have any major portfolio changes in mind?

Me?

I just transferred a bunch of money from various rental properties to 'high' interest online savings accounts I have. It's a lazy start but stuff I've been needing to do nonetheless.
1   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2020 Nov 7, 9:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm considering buying back into TCHEY. I'd like to suck more Chinese money back into the US of A like I did when I sold it last time. I sold it when Trump appeared he might get tough on China is asshoe.
2   NoCoupForYou   ignore (3)   2020 Nov 7, 9:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Buy gun maker shares, but sell them by inauguration day
3   ThatGuy   ignore (0)   2020 Nov 7, 9:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think Apple, Google, and Facebook will all be seriously hurt by this election. The public will turn on them.
4   NoCoupForYou   ignore (3)   2020 Nov 7, 9:33pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Certainly Newscorp, too.

Suspending Jeannine Pirro is going to be the final straw for most hardcore Fox viewers. If my 74 year old mom can figure out on her own how to watch Anthony Brian Logan and find the Warroom with Steve Bannon, so can most of Fox's audience.
5   Dholliday126   ignore (0)   2020 Nov 7, 9:49pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Contrarian oil play. Oil at decades low, Biden closes off the spigots that Trump opened up. America becomes an importer again. Deep state needs oil high to justify their wars. Diversify with the majors, refiners, and mid majors (XOM, CVX, VLO, CRL).
6   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2020 Nov 7, 10:59pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

NoCoupForYou says
so can most of Fox's audience

Big chuck are coming from the left and feeling 'validation'.

They are just swapping markets.
7   NoCoupForYou   ignore (3)   2020 Nov 7, 11:41pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The market will probably tank on Monday.

When it does, the Press will blame Trump for not conceding.

Back in 2000, nobody except the Nation and other Far Left rags and bloviators blamed Bush or Gore recounting Palm Beach County.
8   BayArea   ignore (1)   2020 Nov 8, 5:43am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Im disgusted by what I see in the election.

But I think the market will do fine. The surge in the last three market days have launched all my financial accounts to all time highs.
9   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2020 Nov 8, 6:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ThatGuy says

Too entrenched. Do you think all those people with their phony Facebook lives are going to want to give up their fantasy? And even so, many more realistic Facebook customers use that site as a chatroom to stay in touch with scattered relatives and actual friends. The solution is the old Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
10   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2020 Nov 8, 7:49am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Breitbart has really moved on this morning haven't they?

Trump is doing the Homer's Odyssey, on Monday he's going to return as the old stranger, and bring down the house during the celebration of the White house Suitors.
11   WookieMan   ignore (6)   2020 Nov 8, 8:00am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
But I think the market will do fine.

You're too optimistic I think. '06-'08 were roughly the bottom last time? It's almost 2021. We're pushing 20 years since anything bad has happened. Even Biden's EO's would wipe out 3-4% of GDP before the ink dries. Wants to get back into the Paris Accord and put our country at a disadvantage?

I really don't think people understand what they're voting for at this point. Trump is an ass hole. But I do believe he's been a POTUS that was for the common man. Obviously was still looking to enrich the rich. Biden is going to enrich the rich and fuck over the middle class. I don't think it's over, but it's a sad day for our country.
12   Fortwaynemobile   ignore (3)   2020 Nov 8, 2:41pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Senate is still divided. So unlikely they’ll fuck with real estate since they cannot sell more bonds.
13   BayArea   ignore (1)   2020 Nov 17, 6:14am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My crystal ball says don’t go bearish because Biden is the next president. You’ll miss out on gains and regret it.

Invest, invest often, invest long. Bet on America.

My research shows there is no historic correlation between stock market performance and whether blue/red is in the office.
14   clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Nov 17, 6:55am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I only have stock mutual funds and a few stocks.
I wish I had more cash around back in March, I would have bought more.
I yelled at my young friends to invest, but of course they didn’t.
Biden can fuck things up, but not totally. His tax increases will suck but 1/2 the people pay about nothing anyway, and have no investments either. Those losers will continue to buy shit at every chance they get, like the new iPhone, etc.
My biggest change for the year 2021 is depart California to avoid taxation.
My friend has a real estate problem; he owns a building and some tenants don’t pay rent, and he can’t evict them, but his property tax is due. One tenant is a restaurant.
I’m going to try to make a little bit of money in 2021 and see if there’s any dough left to buy more stocks.
15   B.A.C.A.H.   ignore (0)   2020 Nov 17, 7:22am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says

If their ad revenue plummets, they will start charging users for this service. Then perhaps, go the way of AOL.
16   B.A.C.A.H.   ignore (0)   2020 Nov 17, 7:24am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The date when Enron was removed from the SP500 is all over the internet.

But I haven't found a date for when it was added.
17   Cash   ignore (1)   2020 Nov 17, 7:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Just have a plan to hedge the bull JIC don't take the opportunity for granted. There are plenty of ETFs that will take care of the downside if needed.
Especially if you plan to hold white knuckle tight to your current investments, having some premium set aside for shorting instruments insurance might be a good idea.
imo Believe it or not some measure of risk-off is coming and those monies are going to USD, just no way of telling what that might look like atm.
18   Cash   ignore (1)   2020 Nov 17, 7:46am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Keep an eye on the economic announcements https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar?day=nov17.2020
19   Onvacation   ignore (5)   2020 Nov 17, 8:06am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You might buy crypto. Or you might miss out.
20   Cash   ignore (1)   2020 Nov 17, 8:16am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation
You might buy crypto. Or you might miss out.

You have already missed out and more is coming, take it to the bank. I mentioned Nov. 3rd it was a decent buy time at BTC 13800+/- now price being 17300
= $3500/20% profit.
Where is your great trade recommendation old man?
21   Cash   ignore (1)   2020 Nov 17, 8:19am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"you might miss out." No worries 24000 on its way. Another 28% gains from todays price point lmhao
22   mell   ignore (6)   2020 Nov 17, 8:56am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Biotech / healthcare will do well under both. Prob even moreso under bi-den since he will not demand the same drug prices per country. I'm very bullish on biotech as a defensive sector going into the uncertainty of 2021.
23   Ceffer   ignore (6)   2020 Nov 17, 1:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hmm. My passive portfolio went up enough to add a few more Hummers to the fleet. I think I will let it be.