please check out the anti-mandate news »

First Amendment Text

By Onvacation follow Onvacation   2021 Apr 25, 8:52am 226 views   13 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

For the people here that don't think it's under attack.

1   Onvacation   ignore (7)   2021 Apr 25, 8:54am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Churches are closed. Press is censored. Assemblers are branded Insurrectionists.

Where did we go wrong?
2   WineHorror1   ignore (2)   2021 Apr 25, 9:21am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says

Where did we go wrong?

Where are churches closed?
3   FuckCCP89   ignore (6)   2021 Apr 25, 9:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WineHorror1 says
Onvacation says

Where did we go wrong?

Where are churches closed?

They were in CA.
4   Onvacation   ignore (7)   2021 Apr 25, 10:16am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WineHorror1 says
Onvacation says

Where did we go wrong?

Where are churches closed?

California.

I hear Newsom is letting them open.

Hearsay. I don't attend church regularly.
5   Onvacation   ignore (7)   2021 Apr 25, 10:17am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Is the Pope still using a squirt gun to distribute holy water?
6   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 Apr 25, 6:28pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WineHorror1 says
Onvacation says

Where did we go wrong?

Where are churches closed?

Churches were limited in New Mexico, for example, until just now:

7   MisdemeanorRebellionNoCoupForYou   ignore (1)   2021 Apr 26, 12:12am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says
California.

I hear Newsom is letting them open.

Hearsay. I don't attend church regularly.

He had to be sued. They were closed while Strip Clubs and Casinos were open.

The Dems are using big tech and big media and EduAdmins to shut down free speech, getting private entities to do the job.

Remember the case Roberts was the lone dissenting vote on the case at the Georgia State College where the African Evangelist was told sharing the Gospel was "Fighting Words". Roberts is totally owned by the Deep State.
8   GreaterNYCDude   ignore (0)   2021 Apr 26, 7:58am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The insidious thing is they didn't make a law per se. To the best of my knowledge no federal law was passed...

As I see it, executive orders were filed at the state level, THEN misconstrued.

For example here in New York

Mask only applies if your UNABLE to maintain 6 ft seperation... but many businesses began to require it.
Within a week eveyine fell in line.

They did attempt to limit our ability to assemble.

Not sure by what authority or if these restrictions were ever challenged in court. Also I don't know how rigorously this was enforced. I can tell you that my church is still at only 25% capacity... but I can watch on line or listen from the parking lot via a local radio broadcst... but I digress.

In short, FEAR and the drumbeat of the media, combined to far greater effect than any law. Many voluntary submitted, myself included.

Yall will skewer me, but I don't mind the face coverings in and of themselves and I'm still a bit leery I large groups of people, but on the while things seem to be returning to whatever normal is.

We're our liberties outright taken? No. Were they severely curtailed. Yes. Does this send us down a slippery slope? Of course. Is it all a CIA PhysOp to condition us so they can erode more rights during the next crisis... real or perceived? You be the judge.
9   GreaterNYCDude   ignore (0)   2021 Apr 26, 8:15am     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I will tell you this. I am careful with what I post. That's the sad part. You speak your mind, offend the wrong person and bam.. you too may be canceled.

I try to play it straight and call it as I see it, but often I draft out a post think about how it may read (sarcasm doesn't translate well) and more than half the time, don't post it.
10   Fortwaynemobile   ignore (3)   2021 Apr 26, 8:28am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

GreaterNYCDude says

This is exact how cancel culture works, make few examples and bam everyone is forced to shut up and obey their masters... land of the free my ass... more like land of the cowering.
11   GreaterNYCDude   ignore (0)   2021 Apr 26, 8:37am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I had a friend of mine who commented 25 years ago... we're not the year of the free, we're in the land of the regulated. It hasn't gotten much better.
12   WookieMan   ignore (6)   2021 Apr 26, 8:38am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

GreaterNYCDude says

As I see it, executive orders were filed at the state level, THEN misconstrued.

This is 1,000% true. EO's are not law. My representatives did not vote on it through the formal procedure. It's a "guideline or recommendation." My county early on said it wasn't going to enforce the EO's because it wasn't law. So restaurants have mostly stayed open by me. They asked for masks early on, but that was done about June '20.

This is why I think big cities are screwing themselves over. You live a big city for the entertainment, dining, night life, etc. If you can't do that or it's super restrictive, why live there at high cost of living?
13   GreaterNYCDude   ignore (0)   2021 Apr 26, 9:22am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yep. Explains why housing prices in the suburbs and exburbs has exploded. When you can remote in, hunkering down in a cabin upstate looks better and better. See the same thing in most urban areas I'd imagine.