Always use cash from now on, not credit cards

2021 Sep 4, 4:36pm   9,668 views  205 comments

by Patrick   ➕follow (49)   💰tip ($0.87 in tips)

Drove to a restaurant today with my wife and was first of all creeped out to find that they knew my name from my phone number, which I had to give to get on the wait list. They said they use a centralized database of many restaurants for that.

They have a window where you can order a beer while you are waiting. So I ordered a beer and they refused to take cash.

OK, I wanted the beer, so I paid with a credit card. Then the total had an extra $1.50 on it. I asked about that and was told that I added a tip. I specifically did not add a tip because I was pissed that they don't take cash.

I got the manager and made him remove the tip.

We are rapidly approaching the CCP utopia of complete tracking of all citizens at all times.

Lesson: call ahead and make sure a restaurant will take cash. If they will not, don't go there.

« First        Comments 178 - 205 of 205

178   richwicks   2022 Oct 11, 3:07am

Patrick says

It's Jabba The Hut.

People that heavy at such a young age don't live too long. Take solace in that.

Sure, he's a sociopath, but you'll outlive it.
179   Karloff   2022 Oct 11, 9:52am

“The key difference with the CBDC is the central bank will have absolute control on the rules and regulations that will determine the use of that expression of central bank liability,” Carstens said.

That sentence alone should be shown to anybody to thinks a cashless society is going to be some sort of wonderfully convenient utopia. If they still don't get it, then nothing short of their funds being frozen will convince them.

richwicks says

People that heavy at such a young age don't live too long.

When in these positions of power and wealth, they live waaay longer than any normie in their condition would. I don't know what's keeping them alive, but it's unnatural.
180   Patrick   2022 Oct 12, 11:04pm

It is kind of creepy how old Kissinger and Jimmy Carter are getting.
181   richwicks   2022 Oct 13, 12:37am

Patrick says

It is kind of creepy how old Kissinger and Jimmy Carter are getting.

I bet both are dead before Joe Biden is, and Joe Biden will be dead before the end of his 1st term.
183   Patrick   2022 Nov 8, 10:21am

In her August 20, 2022, speech commemorating the Nuremberg Code anniversary, Vera Sharav reminds us why our survival depends on recognizing—and resisting—the patterns that led to the Holocaust:

“The Holocaust did not begin in the gas chambers of Auschwitz and Treblinka. The Holocaust was preceded by nine years of incremental restrictions on personal freedom and the suspension of legal rights and civil rights.

“The stage was set by fear-mongering and hate-mongering propaganda. A series of humiliating discriminatory government edicts demonized Jews as ‘spreaders of disease.’ We were compared to lice.…

“If we are to avert another Holocaust, we must identify ominous current parallels before they poison the fabric of society.

“… few people recognize foreboding similarities between current policies and those under the Nazi regime.

“By declaring a state of emergency—in 1933 and in 2020—constitutionally protected personal freedom, legal rights, and civil rights were swept aside. Repressive, discriminatory decrees followed.

“In 1933, the primary target for discrimination were Jews; today, the target is people who refuse to be injected with experimental, genetically engineered vaccines. Then and now, government dictates were crafted to eliminate segments of the population.

“In 2020, government dictates forbade hospitals from treating the elderly in nursing homes. The result was mass murder.

“Government decrees continue to forbid doctors to prescribe life-saving, FDA-approved medicines; government-dictated protocols continue to kill.

“The media is silent—as it was then. The media broadcasts a single, government-dictated narrative—just as it had under the Nazis. Strict censorship silences opposing views.…

“This time, the threat of genocide is global in scale.

“This time instead of Zyklon B gas, the weapons of mass destruction are genetically engineered injectable bioweapons masquerading as vaccines.

“This time, there will be no rescuers. Unless All of Us Resist, Never Again is Now.”
184   Patrick   2022 Nov 8, 10:24am

And so, the midterm election plods to a climax on elephant feet. The shift in sentiment is palpable. Under normal circumstances, the prodigious, naked dishonesty of the Democratic Party of Chaos, and its many gratuitous insults to the voting public — such as the past year’s barrage of drag queen story hours — would lead to an extinction event for the Dems. Their desperation must be such that they will try anything now to stave off an election disaster, including any-and-all forms of ballot fraud. Look to the usual places: Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona.
185   RationalModerate   2022 Nov 8, 10:35am

Patrick says

Keep a backup old school thermostat on hand… it takes 2 seconds to disconnect the wires and have full control again. This way you get the incentive price… but if they lock you out you turn off the thermostat and hook up the old one. Win win!

(FYI… the people locked out get $100 credit and $25 credit annually .. so they signed up to lose control from time to time)
186   Patrick   2022 Nov 8, 10:37am

Similar: We have a fancy wifi thermometer which has an outdoor sensor which broadcasts to indoors, but it loses the signal or the battery is out so often that I bought an old-school outdoor thermometer with no electronics. It works much better, though I do have to look out the window to see it.
187   Hugh_Mongous   2022 Nov 8, 10:03pm

So no toilet even for cash customers? Lame.
188   just_passing_through   2022 Nov 9, 6:01am

Hugh_Mongous says

So no toilet even for cash customers? Lame.

That's why I carry an empty pringles can everywhere I go!
189   NuttBoxer   2022 Nov 9, 7:11am

I saw a similar sign when I went to pick up my meat CSA. One thing I'll say is, if you advocate for federal debt notes at your business, you should also have an open carry policy.
190   Eric Holder   2022 Nov 9, 9:59am

NuttBoxer says

One has to wonder if they would be similarly leaning towards cash if it was MORE expensive for them to take than card, not less (and did not provide obvious tax cheating avenues). Somehow I think they won't be as enthusiastic.
194   🎂 WookieMan   2022 Dec 5, 7:29pm

Patrick says

Am I missing the joke? Who the hell uses a printer anymore? And even if you do it's generally not connected to the outside world/internet. It's a local network. I know I'm missing something here, enlighten me how HP could shut down a printer?
195   Patrick   2022 Dec 5, 7:35pm

@WookieMan

It's a networked printer used via a subscription over the internet. HP can totally shut off such printers remotely. People in Colorado also found that their "smart" thermostats were disabled to save energy, no matter what they themselves wanted.

"You'll own nothing and be happy" except you won't be too happy when you've figured out what they've done.
196   🎂 WookieMan   2022 Dec 5, 8:44pm

Patrick says

Who is the flying fuck does that? Honestly you deserve to get it shut off. You're a common moron.

The thermostat thing is stupid as well. Go to HD and you can get a $10 model and connect 4 wires. You're retarded if you let tech control you. Use it to your advantage when you can, but don't ever rely on it.
197   RWSGFY   2022 Dec 5, 9:17pm

WookieMan says

Patrick says

HP printers are now run as a subscription service: you pay by the # of pages you plan to print per month and they send you ink cartridges as needed. So it has to be connected to the interwebs in order for mother ship to know when to send new cartridges and what size. The person who bitches abot HP shutting it off because of non-payment is not being honest - they subscribed to that shit so why act surprised all of a sudden?
198   Patrick   2022 Dec 5, 10:12pm

WookieMan says

Use it to your advantage when you can, but don't ever rely on it.

Right, don't ever rely on credit cards either, same thing. Can be shut off the moment they know you are thinking the wrong thoughts.
199   NuttBoxer   2022 Dec 6, 10:18am

WookieMan says

I use one because no cell phone...

I intentionally have not done the wireless setup.
201   Patrick   2022 Dec 7, 12:55pm

Good idea!
203   Patrick   2023 Jan 27, 11:40pm

UK Treasury Is Looking for CBDC Head as It Explores Digital Pound

A new LinkedIn job posting from the U.K. Treasury is seeking a "Head of Central Bank Digital Currency."
"The successful candidate will be responsible for leadership of HM Treasury’s work on a potential digital pound – a U.K. central bank digital currency (CBDC)," reads the posting.
204   Misc   2023 Jan 28, 1:30am

During the 2008 financial meltdown, it was reported that there was about $200 billion of drug money annually laundered through the US banking system.l Most of it was through Wachovia (taken over by Wells Fargo).

That dynamic has not changed. The flow is just so huge that it would be impossible for the Federal government not to know who is involved.

Sorry, but billions upon billions are not seized each year. The government doesn't care about these transactions, it is only concerned about controlling you and your transactions.
205   NuttBoxer   2023 Jan 30, 10:21am

That's because it's the government doing the laundering. CIA runs drugs, and deep state has been laundering since they invented a little front called NASA.

« First        Comments 178 - 205 of 205

Please register to comment:

api   best comments   contact   latest images   memes   one year ago   random   suggestions