please check out the anti-mandate news »

We need more traditional conservative children's books

By Patrick follow Patrick   2021 Dec 1, 2:07pm 147 views   10 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh Released A Children's Book That Immediately Soared to #4 on Amazon And Of Course Leftist Heads Are Exploding

Matt Walsh has been in the news a lot lately, and this time he's making a splash in the world of children's books with his new title, "Johnny the Walrus."

The children's book is a not-so-subtle jab at the transgender madness of the Left. ...

Yes, that's right. Matt Walsh is a"bigot" and a "transphobe" for writing a book saying that little boys cannot become walruses. Amazon must take the book down from their site because... boys really can become walruses?

You cannot make this up.

At the time of writing, Walsh is still sitting at #4 overall on Amazon's booklist. Also, at the time of writing, Amazon says the book is out of stock.

1   richwicks   ignore (2)   2021 Dec 1, 2:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

For anybody with small children, I would recommend A. A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh. Not the Dizzey stuff, the original.

Christopher Robin was his actual child, he wrote the stories for his kid, and it screwed up Christopher Milne in adulthood believing (probably correctly) he was exploited, however the stories are quite touching. I have a fault of always moving the refrigerator to see the cockroaches of everything.

There's really no need for "new" stories, there's so much already in existence. It's a pity that people don't look more into the past. In my teenage years I spent time reading Jules Verne and Jonathan Swift. There's dual meanings in A. A. Milne's work as well. That's rare to see today. Modern authors don't generally stand on the the shoulders of giants, they hang from their balls. Superficial inferior works of imagination and creativity.

I can now completely understand my parent's point of view in tolerating a Dizzey film in a theater when I was 5 now. What torture it must have been for them.
2   EBGuy   ignore (1)   2021 Dec 1, 6:07pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Too much for some to handle....

3   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 Dec 1, 7:48pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The real Catholic Church would not make such a statement.
4   Misc   ignore (1)   2021 Dec 1, 11:17pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The Catholic church is run by a walrus.
5   BayArea   ignore (1)   2021 Dec 2, 2:32am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Each evening before bed I read my young kids Berenstain Bears, same books my parents read to me.

Good old Judeo-Christian based lessons and stories.
6   NuttBoxer   ignore (3)   2021 Dec 2, 9:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My middle school daughter enjoys reading, and picked out a random book at the library the other day. Unfortunately, after looking at a few tweets from the author it was clear she is racist against whites(she's white). I was ok with my daughter reading that part, but I saw in a review that there's also a bisexual character in the book. That's the line for me. There's so much confusing shit out there already, and kids at that age already have enough on their plate dealing with puberty. She doesn't need more confusion and lies at this point in her life.

But I made sure to tell her why(without too much detail), I didn't think she should read the book. And asked several times if she was ok with that. I don't think kids should grow up in an echo chamber either.
7   NuttBoxer   ignore (3)   2021 Dec 2, 10:00am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says

Good old Judeo-Christian based lessons and stories.

Dr Seuss is another good one. Forget the author but Mrs. PiggleWiggle and Amelia Bedilia are also good. And if they're older, the classics are endless. Secret Garden, Alice in Wonderland, Huckleberry Finn.
8   AmericanKulak   ignore (1)   2021 Dec 2, 10:08am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
The real Catholic Church would not make such a statement.

Francis attacks EWTN and Trads:

This is the Pope that is now ending the Tridentine Mass worldwide and has instructed Bishops to depreciate and defund them globally.
9   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 Dec 2, 10:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

He told the story of a cardinal who was visited by two newly ordained priests asking for permission to study Latin. “With a sense of humor, he replied, ‘But there are many Hispanics in the diocese! Study Spanish to be able to preach. Then, when you have studied Spanish, come back to me, and I’ll tell you how many Vietnamese there are in the diocese, and I’ll ask you to study Vietnamese. Then, when you have learned Vietnamese, I will give you permission to study Latin.’”

The Catholic Church needs to return to Latin or it will die entirely.
10   HeadSet   ignore (3)   2021 Dec 3, 6:38am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
He told the story of a cardinal who was visited by two newly ordained priests

Odd, I have a nephew who went to a seminary to become a Catholic priest. Latin was one of the subjects. I would suspect that all ordained priests have taken Latin at the seminary.