What moral line does he have to cross for republicans to get a clue?
« prev   misc   next »
2 anonymous   ignore (4)   2017 Sep 29, 10:56am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

The less we pay government, the more money stays in private sector to grow the economy. I just don't see that this is the end of the world like some of you. I see this tax plan as a good thing.
3 Heraclitusstudent   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 29, 12:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

anonymous says

This is an absurd sentence that conflates everything in the private sector bucket as if it were the same. In fact this money will end up accumulating in unproductive places (the rich) where too much it is already accumulating chasing assets, instead of places where it could be used to prepare the future (infrastructures, investments) or to procure things people actually need (actually pushing growth).

Republicans need to learn the #1 rule of good economics: money must circulate. Instead we will see money velocity continue to collapse as the rich essentially store their loot in vaults while the rest scramble for crumbs.
4 anonymous   ignore (4)   2017 Sep 29, 12:19pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

1. There is no moral line that matters as long as Trump is not a nigger.
2. Infrastructure spending is wasteful in the eyes of Republicans because the niggers benefit.
3. Being rich is a superpower. Even white trash worship it and will be useful idiots until they die of diabetes or cancer.
5 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Sep 29, 1:31pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

Yes, I'm sure Trump is pushing this tax plan JUST to save HIM tax dollars.
6 Heraclitusstudent   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 29, 2:27pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Whatever other rationals are there, it certainly seems tailored for his benefit.
If the point was to lower corporate tax rates, he could do that without lowering a big set of taxes for himself.
7 Quigley   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 29, 2:46pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I'm not a fan of much of this plan. And I voted for trump.
If Trump has to work with Democrats to get tax reform done, I regard that as a good thing. We need ideas from both parties to combine into legislation that benefits and doesn't detract from Americans.
8 iwog   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 29, 3:12pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Quigley says
I'm not a fan of much of this plan. And I voted for trump.

I'm sorry but you were warned long before Trump won the election.

He's going to rubber stamp this abomination and the only force in the world capable of stopping it are a couple of 'less than completely unethical' Republicans in the senate. That is all that is standing in the way of the most radical giveaway to the ultra-rich in the history of this country.

Comment as anon_f02b0 or log in at top of page: