« prev   random   next »
1   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2018 Jul 6, 2:00pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag        

"Tenants are afraid," Alicia Sandoval of the Housing Rights Committee testified to the board. "They’re being forced out, and where are they going to go? Places like this? The Mission doesn’t need any more market-rate housing. We need 100 percent affordable housing. Don’t allow this beast to stomp on our homes."


So, tell me again about the wonders of rent control....
2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2018 Jul 6, 2:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag        

300 housing units in an already over populated area is asinine.
We need more Major Cities with new Urban and Suburban sprawl in places we don't already have them, but not to close together.
It's a no brainer, and has been the only part of the puzzle missing from the Liberal cross country glorified Choo Choo train fantasy.

Just look at what China did. They did just that. They should be panicking that there isn't enough room. They have so many major cities, the Government is even invoking policy to move over crowded street dwellers and vendors to the new developed areas. Though I think they doing it backwards. They need to get working people there first for those street vendors and poor service workers to service. But their housing outlook is a 1,000X better than ours at this point, and their population is double ours.
3   HeadSet   ignore (1)   2018 Jul 6, 4:03pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag        

and their population is double ours.

Double? Try 1.4 billion vs about 320 million.
4   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jul 6, 4:30pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag        

Hassan_Rouhani says
"Tenants are afraid," Alicia Sandoval of the Housing Rights Committee testified to the board. "They’re being forced out, and where are they going to go? Places like this? The Mission doesn’t need any more market-rate housing. We need 100 percent affordable housing. Don’t allow this beast to stomp on our homes."


So, tell me again about the wonders of rent control....


They won't get it. Here's a hint.......Low rents for 1% of the tenants. No homes for the other 99%.




The Housing Trap
You're being set up to spend your life paying off a debt you don't need to take on, for a house that costs far more than it should. The conspirators are all around you, smiling to lure you in, carefully choosing their words and watching your reactions as they push your buttons, anxiously waiting for the moment when you sign the papers that will trap you and guarantee their payoff. Don't be just another victim of the housing market. Use this book to defend your freedom and defeat their schemes. You can win the game, but first you have to learn how to play it.
115 pages, $12.50

Kindle version available


about   best comments   contact   one year ago   suggestions