2017 Aug 24, 12:15am
1,847 views 2 comments
Ok beeches, list me your favorite IPAs if you like them, if you dare! Politics aside, time to measure erect! Top 10 MAX, please. No politics, just beer boners!
In no particular order, based mostly on preferences within my local easily available options. I don't have a beer app, so I've had some good ones in restaurants and never seen them again. Those didn't make the list.
ballast point - sculpin (also the grapefruit version) (extra points for being at local costco)
stone - ruination (have not tried the new one)
bells - two hearted ale
lost rhino - faceplant
dogfish head - both 60 and 90 min ipas
new belgium - citradelic
most other ipas with citra hops
black ipa - had one once and forget which one, but it was good. I'm not usually a big fan of really dark beers, but it works as an IPA, so I need to try more of these.
home brew - have only done a few batches of ipas with anywhere from 3 to 11 packs of hops.
Cool. I'll check yours out! I'm not so much an East-Coast and Midwest style fan. I prefer West Coast... gnarly and decadant. Here's a few of my favorites in no order
1. Kismet - Mother Earth Brew Co - kind of like a hop fart in your mouth, but you like it
2. Fenris - Barrel Harbor - This brewery has a lot of good stuff. Fenris is available in cans and at bars.
3. Cali Belgique - Stone Brewing - good if you like Belgians. Pretty much all Stone beers are awesome. This is their IPA but with Belgian yeast. Acquired taste...
4. Blood Orange IPA - Latitude 33 - they make other variants in lime and "original". Were not good for a while (brewer left) but are great again!
5. White Rebel IPA - Sam Adams - probably my favorite variant of their Rebel IPA
6. Idiot IPA - Coronado Brewing - I think this was the one... man, so hoppy, so tasty
7. Torpedo - Sierra Nevada - very good and readily available in most stores
8. Pliny the Elder - Russian River Brewing - Pretty much one of the forefathers of over-the-top west coast IPAs
9. Green Bullet - Green Flash Brewing - OMFG I watch a chick get wrecked on this one time. Very much how I like IPA. Is a triple, though.
10. Moon Dust - San Tan Brewing - Not bad for a company out of AZ.