Shitsung

By just_passing_through follow just_passing_through   2019 Oct 2, 7:43am 701 views   17 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

I will never ever buy another Samsung product and will tell everyone I can what crap they are. Here is the story:

1. I had a galaxy note which Samsung bricked when they pushed an update a couple of years ago.
2. I was at work as a contractor and needed multi-factor auth to do my job so I had to run out and buy a new phone. I got a cheap temp.
3. Last month I bought a new galaxy on ebay. Given what happened I refused to pay full pop and got the 9 half-price after the 10 came out.
4. The s-pen broke immediately so I contacted Samsung asking for a replacement for this super cheap part, probably made in Shenzen.
5. They refused so I told them I would give them poor reviews and not buy any more of their products in the future. I mentioned my vacation rental in Hawaii and how I use Samsung smartthings products there and have to replace often due to the salt. So they'd lose a lot of business that way as well.
6. They retaliated by locking me out of smartthings. I can no longer control the lock for my guests.
7. I called and bitched and they re-activated but the hub is offline and can't be reactivated unless I'm standing next to it. In fucking Maui.
8. Here is the creepiest part: I have it set to send SMS messages to my phone about the battery life. I get them every night lately now that it's <90%. So when I realized my hub was down (shown in the app) I decide to check to see what day the SMS messages stopped arriving. They were all deleted off of my phone! So I call my cell company to ask if they can trace who was on my phone and they couldn't. They did say that Samsung has more powerful software allowing them to get onto my phone and do things even they can't do.

Fuck those assholes.
1   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2019 Oct 2, 8:41am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Their TV's have worked great for us. Can't comment on the cellphone since I sold my wife on Apple years ago, and don't use one myself.
2   Shaman   ignore (2)   2019 Oct 2, 8:45am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Buy American.
That is all.
3   FortWayneAsNancyPelosiHaircut   ignore (4)   2019 Oct 2, 8:50am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says

6. They retaliated by locking me out of smartthings. I c...

I knew an Indian man who built that Samsung software for remote control, from what he told me it's "intent" based and not secure at all.
4   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2019 Oct 2, 8:52am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Quigley says
Buy American.
That is all.

I had a microsoft smart phone back in 07 before iphones came out. I'm not really sure I'd consider apple American but I guess it's as close as you can get.
5   clambo   ignore (5)   2019 Oct 2, 9:13am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

how about the Google Pixel 3 A? It's cheaper than the 3 and some say it's pretty good.

I have a motorola moto g 4 that was great for a while, now it's haunted.

meanwhile, I have an old iPhone 5 that is my travel phone and it's still great.

go figure.
6   zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2019 Oct 2, 9:36am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

#FuckSamsung

I don't any any of their crap.
7   SunnyvaleCA   ignore (1)   2019 Oct 2, 11:17am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says
The cost of an iPhone is more than double the cost of all components + assembly, so I think it's fair to say that nearly all the profit goes to a US company.
8   Shaman   ignore (2)   2019 Oct 2, 11:35am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

iPhones are well designed well made products, with remarkable utility and fairly decent security. I like how the operating software is constantly updated and refined for user convenience and you never have to pay for that.
I’m using a 6s, and aside from having to replace a battery (easy 15 minute job, $29 for higher capacity battery), it’s worked perfectly for more than 4 or maybe 5 years. I’ve worn out probably five cases for it. Life proof commercial here: I work blue collar and never had a screen crack or other damage thanks to the case. The phone is still in great shape.
9   jazz_music   ignore (13)   2019 Oct 2, 11:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Lately everyone I see with a non-Apple smart phone has cracked displays
10   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2019 Oct 2, 11:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Good points. I will most likely be getting an iPhone next. Google pixel scares me a bit but maybe no worse than the android's I've used over the last decade.
11   FuckCCP89   ignore (5)   2019 Oct 2, 12:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

zzyzzx says
#FuckSamsung

I don't any any of their crap.

Same here.
12   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2021 May 4, 9:04pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says
Their TV's have worked great for us.

Just got an LG oled cx 77 inch. My living room is a fucking movie theater now. The blacks are so true on that thing that the first night I watched it in the dark when the view changed to a black signal my pad went dark immediately and I thought it was broken. I couldn't see shit. Watching batman is on another level. You can actually see the things in the shadows. You won't get that with LED even with local dimming or shitsungs gimmicky qled BS. Maybe microled but that's not ready for prime time yet.

I gave my old 42 inch plasma to the delivery guys. It was funny watching them initially attempt picking it up. It's a lot heavier than my new 77". They sort of jerked it and expected it would move but it didn't lol

Fuck samsung. They make nice looking shit that is truly shit on the inside.
13   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2021 May 4, 9:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_passing_through says

Update: At this point my next will be a linux phone assuming my current lasts long enough to get one in a non-emergency fashion.
14   Tenpoundbass   ignore (16)   2021 May 4, 9:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Get a cheapo Android phone and that's that.

I quit buying Samsung's flagship models, because after two years, they'll send an update that degraded the hell out of performance. They did it to the phones and the Galaxy Tablets. So I got an iPhone, and left it at a Denny's one night. When I called back ten minutes later, the manager said the waitress said somebody must have came in and got it.
There was no turn over it was literally ten minutes later. She took the phone. The next morning people were in my email deleting emails so I changed the password so they would stop getting email. I called Apple and because I didn't set up find my phone, they wouldn't work with me and just brick my phone. Even though I proved I was the owner of the phone, and it was pinned to my phone number. I'll never buy anything from Apple.
15   just_passing_through   ignore (7)   2021 May 4, 9:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Fuck android too. I don't want google in my life anymore.
16   MisdemeanorRebellionNoCoupForYou   ignore (0)   2021 May 4, 9:18pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I will buy Samsung for one reason.

They are deeply unwoke. The Korean Managers don't give a fuck about minorities or women.

I had a friend who legit did some clearly harassing shit at Samsung, they moved the Woman who complained about him, since he was too valuable to them. The Korean Manager overruled the HR department, did not explain, just said "He doesn't get fired. Just move her away."
17   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 May 4, 9:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wonder if wokeness is a disease that comes from too much diversity.

Korea is even more homogeneous than China.