California doesn't care about kids

By mich follow mich   2020 Aug 2, 8:08am 274 views   10 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Adults can go to casinos
Adults can go to wineries/brew pubs
Adults can go to golfing
Adults can play soccer/baseball in the park

but kids can't play in the park? What science are they going on?
1   RC2006   ignore (2)   2020 Aug 2, 8:21am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Everyone knows CA is anti kid, just look at the epicenter of liberal California SF.
2   Onvacation   ignore (6)   2020 Aug 2, 8:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Kids can't go to school. Once again our children will be forced to "do" online learning. Sports canceled. Extra curricular activities canceled. But they are encouraged to attend "demonstrations" for "social" justice.

Fuck social justice. We need justice, period!
3   Shaman   ignore (2)   2020 Aug 2, 9:11am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This exact issue is what’s been pissing me off the most.
1)my kids can’t go to school
2)my kids can’t go to the park or any other outdoor activity
3)my kids can’t play with their friends
4)plenty of activities for adults
5) park equipment is taped off

In a minor protest I’ve been removing all caution tape and signs from playgrounds. I do this every time I see them, consistently. Lately I’ve been noticing that the parks I frequent have stopped putting up caution tape and in some cases signs.
I think I may have run them out of tape and materials.

California was already anti-kid. It’s taken that to ridiculous levels and it’s really hurting our kids, which makes me furious!

Also i was coaching a little league team when all this started and that season got cancelled. Now it looks like Fall Ball will also be cancelled. Maybe Spring ball too. It’s sad for the kids.

I hate this.
4   B.A.C.A.H.   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 2, 9:45am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Kids are too icky-poo for Bay Area Hipsters.

Stretch marks, less time for yoga classes.

That's why SF has highest per capita dog population and lowest kid population, of any large city.
5   Dholliday126   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 2, 10:08am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

There are always work arounds. I think i'st great a time for parents because these measures by CA are teaching them how to work outside of the system. The system is broken and there are cheap, good options outside of it.

I can tell you my kids are going back to school in person at the beginning of September despite what the government has to say.
6   theoakman   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 2, 10:08am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

In the middle of June, BLM protestors were allowed to congregate approximately 15000 people standing together holding hands, yet my 2 kids were not allowed to go on an empty playground. Because science!
7   ignoreme   ignore (3)   2020 Aug 2, 12:51pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Dholliday126 says

Yeah but where’s your tax refund for the school you are paying for but they aren’t offering? Bend over.
8   mich   ignore (0)   2020 Aug 2, 1:29pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Dholliday126 you're still paying the highest taxes. Yes I do go to the park someone is pulling off the tape ;) I'll just tell the cops Oh Governor Newscum's winery is open I thought parks would be too.
9   NoCoupForYou   ignore (3)   2020 Aug 2, 2:05pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

KIDS! ARE! RESILIENT!

ADULTS! ARE! FRAGILE!
10   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Aug 2, 6:44pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Kids are a great excuse for ever spiraling tax atrocities. Don't knock it.

Please write p@patrick.net if you would like to register to comment